Monday 9 July 2012

Handmade Notebooks

These are the latest editions to my Folksy shop. Lovely sturdy notebooks that I have screen printed using three colours: red, black and white. More on the way, now I've got the hang of it! The exciting bit of stitching / binding was… exciting!
Notebook - Dragonfly


Notebook / Front cover - Dragonfly

Notebook / Stitching detail - Dragonfly
Notebook / Back cover - Dragonfly

I used a strong linen thread to bind the book together as detailed in the photographs and various recycled papers have been included. It has 22 pages in total (44 sides) and these have also been been trimmed by hand with the corners rounded.  Size: width: 4 inches x height 5.5 inches
Notebook / Pages - Dragonfly


4 comments:

  1. Hi from me over at Folksy, I like your notebook, love the design, I've never tried to make one myself. It's really difficult starting a blog, one of the best ways is joining in Link Parties and Blog Hops. I'm now a new follower.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Certainly worth the effort I know it will have taken. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I have popped across from the Folksy Blog Forum. I love your notebook, it is really beautiful!

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments! Really appreciate it. Mandy x

      Delete